January 20, 2011
Nominations Sought for University Student Excellence Awards
Do you know a UW-Eau Claire student, student organization adviser or student organization that exemplifies excellence? Nominate those individuals and organizations for a 2011 University Student Excellence award.
UW-Eau Claire Activities and Programs is soliciting nominations for outstanding UW-Eau Claire students, student organization advisers, and student organizations for the university-wide awards. Nominations can be made on the Activities and Programs website at www.uwec.edu/activities/leadership/awards.htm. A special selection committee will review all nominations and applications.
Individuals and organizations selected by the committee will be recognized at the 2011 University Student Excellence Awards reception, which will be held, Thursday, May 5, 2011 in the Davies Center. The event is hosted by University Centers Activities and Programs, the UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association, and UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
Nominations for individual university-wide awards are due Friday, February 25, 2011. Questionnaires regarding campus and community involvement will be sent to nominees upon their nomination. Nominees must submit completed questionnaires by Friday, April 1, 2011, to be eligible for awards.
- Excellence in Leadership Award, presented to a student who has made meaningful contributions through exemplary service, commitment, and leadership to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and the surrounding community. The recipient will receive $250.
- Excellence in Equity, Diversity & Inclusiveness Award, presented to one student whose actions, perspectives and engagement demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivity. The recipient will receive $250.
- Excellence in Stewardship & Sustainability Award, presented to one student who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to serving the greater community. The recipient will receive $250.
- Excellence in Research & Scholarly Activity Award, presented to one student who demonstrates creativity, initiative, self-reliance, perseverance, and depth of disciplinary knowledge in the execution of one or more scholarly projects. The recipient will receive $250.
- Excellence in Global Awareness Award, presented to one student who has demonstrated a commitment to learning about multicultural perspectives and his or her role as a citizen in a connected world. The recipient will receive $250.
- Outstanding LGBTQA Student Leader Award, recognizes contributions to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer or questioning community achieved by a full-time, undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled at UW–Eau Claire. The recipient will receive $250.
- Non-Traditional Student Leadership Award, presented to one non-traditional student who has demonstrated great promise, outstanding achievement, or creativity in their chosen field.
- Residence Hall Leadership Award, recognizes a current residence hall student who has made a positive contribution to the residence hall community. Nominees demonstrate leadership skills and exemplary service, and have contributed to residence hall organizations. The recipient will receive $250.
- Giraffe Leadership Award, awarded to one student who is dedicated to standing up for social justice issues on campus or in the greater community. The recipient will receive $250.
- Andre and Joanne Gibault Blugold Spirit Award, recognizes a student who demonstrates daily support of and enthusiasm for the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire. The recipient will receive $250.
Student Organization Awards
Student organizations may submit applications for the New Student Organization Award, the Student Organization Award, and the Student Organization Advisor Award. Nominations/applications for these awards are due Friday, April 1, 2011.
- Student Organization Award, recognizes a student organization that has demonstrated exemplary service to the campus and community through programming and outreach. The recipient will receive $250.
- New Student Organization Award, recognizes a student organization that has existed for no more than two years and demonstrates great promise for improving the quality of campus and community life. The recipient will receive $250.
- Student Organization Advisor Award, recognizes an organization advisor who takes an active role in empowering and involving students within the organization. The recipient will receive $250.