January 11, 2011
Student Position Available: Graphic Design Intern
Looking for a great graphic design experience? At the College of Business, you will work on a wide range of projects, including brochures, posters, invitations, websites, electronic newsletters, displays, and more. This is a great opportunity to gain some real world experience, while strengthening your portfolio. This position can be applied as an internship. We are looking for students with at least 1½ to 2 years of school left. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 18, 2011. Position begins during the Spring 2011 semester.
- College of Business marketing team
- Academic Year: 10-15 hours per week. Exact days to be determined based on class schedule.
- Summer: Possibility of 15-20 hours per week. Monday through Friday.
- Works with College of Business marketing team to develop the theme and general concepts for printed materials and websites
- Designs and creates layouts for College of Business posters, invitations, flyers and other promotional printed materials
- Works with graphic artist to complete all pre-production tasks for submission to commercial printers
- Works as part of a team to format the college’s four web-based, electronic newsletters
- Develops graphics for website pages and electronic newsletters
- Helps maintain, archive, update the College of Business website and Intranet, track website statistics
- Must be creative and have a good sense of design
- Must be organized and attentive to detail
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with little supervision
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be proficient on a Macintosh platform
- Page layout software: must be proficient with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. Knowledge of QuarkXpress a plus.
- Web design software: experience with Dreamweaver, content management, or a good knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Must be familiar with current design/web technologies and trends
- Must know how to electronically manipulate images and use a digital camera/scanner if needed.