Value of Mentoring to be Oct. 27 Forum Focus
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE) will present a forum titled; “The Value of Mentoring: A key professional practice for health care administration”, on October 27, from 4:30 to 5:45 pm in the Tamarack Room of the UW-Eau Claire Davies Center.
The forum will discuss the importance of stable, strong leadership in the field of health administration and aging services which is documented as a significant need for organizations today. There is an opportunity within the profession to do a better job of nurturing and supporting the next generation of leaders. The quality of the field of health and aging services rests on our ability to retain the very finest administrators and leadership professionals. The advancement of effective mentoring provides a means for organizations to nurture and develop the best future talent for our field.
A panel of respected leaders will discuss the impact of leadership practice on the field today. Panelists and participants will explore the following questions:
- What is the current environment of leadership development in the profession today?
- What are the new skill sets required for emerging leaders?
- How is this leadership skill paramount in the changing health care field?
- What are the benefits for mentors, protégés and progressive organizations?
- What does the future look like for talent development in the field?
Our panelists include:
- Marianna Grachek, CEO of the American College of Health Care Administrators
- Keith Knapp, Executive Director of Christian Care Retirement Communities
- David Mills, VP of Operations, Golden Living
- Randy Snyder, Executive Director, Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators.
Ron England, Acting Director of Training and Development for Life Care Centers of America will present opening remarks, and Dr. Douglas Olson, Director of UW-Eau Claire CHAASE, will serve as the moderator.
The forum is free and open to the public. No registration is required, and NAB CEU credits are pending approval. A reception will follow the forum.
UW-Eau Claire CHAASE, UW-Eau Claire Department of Economics, and The Wisconsin and Minnesota Chapters of ACHCA are sponsoring this event.
For more information, contact LaNette Flunker 715-836-2088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.