April 21, 2010
Beta Gamma Sigma to Initiate New Members April 24, Chuck Tomkovick to be Recognized
The UW-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, will hold its annual initiation, Saturday, April 24th at 1 pm in the Davies Center Alumni Room. The event will be held in conjunction with the university’s Honors Month, a time set aside by the university to recognize students of high scholastic achievement.
The ceremony will be conducted by Dr. Kristy Lauver, BGS faculty adviser. Dr. Chuck Tomkovick, Management and Marketing, will be recognized at the event as Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor. Dr. Tomkovick is the first faculty member to ever receive the award twice.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon business students at institutions accredited by AACSB International. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for invitation, students must be in the upper 7 percent of the junior class, or upper 10 percent of the senior class.
Beta Gamma Sigma was founded as a national organization in 1919. BGS has 486 collegiate chapters in 19 countries and territories at schools accredited by AACSB International. The society’s membership of more than 625,000 includes leaders in all fields of industry, government and academia.
2010 Beta Gamma Sigma Initiates
- Diane Boettcher, a senior business administration major from Bloomer, WI
- Adam Bohl, a junior management major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Matthew Buening, a junior accounting major, management minor from La Crescent, WI
- Jonathan Butler, a senior management and business finance double major from Wausau, WI
- Lindsey Crooker, a junior marketing analytics major from Maple Grove, MN
- Chelsey Dahm, a senior management-entrepreneur and marketing double major and dance minor from Middleton, WI
- Michael Getty, a senior marketing major from Apple Valley, MN
- Jason Johnson, a senior business finance major from Green Bay, WI
- Cynthia Knutson, a senior accounting major from Altoona, WI
- Jonathan Stolp, a senior accounting major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Rebekah Streit, a senior health care administration major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Tyler Swenson, a senior management major, business finance minor from Eau Claire, WI
- Crystal Venzke, a junior management major from Athens, WI
- Scott Wallace, a senior management-HR major, marketing minor from Clinton, IL
- Wai Lun Alan Wong, a senior accounting major from To Kwa Wan, China
- Brady Zwiefelhofer, a junior management-entrepreneur and marketing-professional sales double major and business finance minor from Bloomer, WI