April 20, 2010
UW-Eau Claire Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi Initiates New Members
Thirteen University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business majors will be inducted into Beta Alpha Psi, a national honor society for accounting and financial professionals, on Monday, April 26th at 7 pm in the Davies Center Badger Room. The initiation will be held during UW-Eau Claire’s Honors Month, a time set aside to recognize students who have attained high scholastic achievement.
Students to be initiated into Beta Alpha Psi:
- Crystal Gaestel, a junior accounting major, management minor from Seymour, WI
- Brittany Graber, a senior accounting major, management minor from Turtle Lake, WI
- Nathan Graf, a junior accounting major from Osceola, WI
- Jared Heimerl, a senior accounting major, information systems audit and control minor from Suring, WI
- Cynthia Knutson, a senior accounting major from Altoona, WI
- Lindsey Marlow, a senior accounting major from Inver Grove Heights, MN
- Timothy Possehl, a senior accounting major from Fond Du Lac, WI
- Kevin Skibicki, a junior business finance major from Cedarburg, WI
- Phillip Smuda, a junior accounting major, economics minor from Rice Lake, WI
- Jonathan Stolp, a senior accounting major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Matthew Webster, a junior accounting major from Lakeville, MN
- Derek Wilmet, a senior accounting major from De Pere, WI
- Wai Lun Alan Wong, a senior accounting major from To Kwa Wan, China
To be eligible, accounting and finance students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all upper level accounting classes
- Completion of Accounting 301, Intermediate Accounting I
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or GPA above 3.25 in the last 25 credits of coursework
- Top 35% of their class
Beta Alpha Psi recognizes scholastic and professional excellence in the fields of accounting and finance. The organization provides opportunities for self-development, service, association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social and public responsibility. The organization has over 287 campus chapters with over 300,000 members since it was founded in 1919.
James Rundall, Accounting and Finance, is the faculty adviser for the UW-Eau Claire Beta Alpha Psi chapter.