April 12, 2010
CHAASE Presents Scholarships, Distinguished Service Awards at Annual Meeting
CHAASE award winners, l-r: Distinguished Student, Kelsey Callahan; Distinguished Alumni, Doug Beardsley; Distinguised Service, Cynthia Thorland; Distinguished Preceptor, David Rothmann; Heyde Health Care Entreprenurial Award, Julianne Holt.
The Health Care Administration program and the Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE) announced 2010 scholarship and distinguished service award recipients at the annual spring banquet held April 8, 2010 at the Plaza Hotel in Eau Claire, Wis. Nearly 300 participants attended the annual event.?
Over $4,000 in scholarships were presented to UW-Eau Claire health care administration students. The distinguished student award was presented to Kelsey Callahan, junior health care administration student who will be starting her practicum in August at Golden Living at Lake Ridge in Roseville, MN. Cynthia Thorland, Vice President of Education for Life Care Services and member of the CHAASE Board of advisors, received the distinguished service award. Doug Beardsley, 1988 alumni of the health care administration program and Vice President of Member Services for Care Providers of Minnesota, received the Distinguished Alumni Award; and David Rothmann, Administrator of Brewster Village in Appleton received the Distinguished Preceptor Award.?
CHAASE is a unique partnership that combines the energy of academia, health and aging services organizations and professional associations. The Center focuses on influencing the health and aging services profession through positive program enhancements for health care administration students, partner organizations, and the health and aging services field.?
2010-2011 Health Care Administration Scholarship Recipients:?
- Rebecca Brunz: Golden Living
- Caitlin Casey: Civic Engagement
- Heather Ceaser: Gene Decker
- Brad Goeman: WI Assisted Living Association
- Andrew Goodman: Extendicare Foundation
- Leah Griesmer: WI Healthcare Association
- Marleah Keuler: HCR ManorCare
- Ashley Kornhoff: WI Association of Homes and Services for the Aging
- Kystena Sauter: Kindred Healthcare
- Claire Schulz: Good Samaritan
- Zachary Tilson: Extendicare Foundation
- Elisabeth Ullom: HCR ManorCare
- Nicholas Weight: Tri-Country Medical Alliance
- Emily Wilfong: Golden Living
?Health Care Administration student Julianne Holt received the Heyde Health Care Entrepreneurial award. This award recognizes the most entrepreneurial student leadership project by an active practicum student.