December 7, 2009
Beta Alpha Psi Initiates New Members
Twelve University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business students were inducted into Beta Alpha Psi, a national honor society for accounting and financial professionals, on Saturday, December 5, 2009. The initiation was held at 1:30 pm in the Presidents Room of the UW-Eau Claire Davies Center.
The newest members of Beta Alpha Psi are as follows:
- Mark Bader, a senior accounting major from Burnsville, MN
- Andrea Draize, a senior accounting major from New Berlin, WI
- Nathan Dahlke, a senior accounting major and IS minor from Brookfield, WI
- Nicholas Heimer, a junior accounting and finance double major from Rochester, MN
- John Luoma, a senior accounting major and BSAD minor from Park Falls, WI
- James Pruski, a senior accounting and finance double major from De Pere, WI
- Ryan Ritchay, a senior accounting major from Green Bay, WI
- Garrett Russell, a senior accounting and finance double major and international business minor from De Pere, WI
- Mathias Shefchik, a senior accounting major from Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Courtney Spangler, a senior accounting major and Spanish minor from Stoughton, WI
- David Trione, a junior accounting major and actuarial science math minor from Wausau, WI
- Ashley Zimmer, a senior accounting major and management minor from Owen, WI.
To be eligible for admission, accounting and finance students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all upper level accounting classes
- Completion of Accounting 301, Intermediate Accounting I
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 OR GPA above 3.25 in the last 25 credits of coursework
- Top 35% of their class
Beta Alpha Psi recognizes scholastic and professional excellence in the fields of accounting and finance. The organization provides opportunities for self-development, service, association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social and public responsibility. The organization has over 287 campus chapters with over 300,000 members since it was founded in 1919.
James Rundall, accounting and finance, is the faculty advisor for this organization.
New members. Front row, left to right: Ashley Zimmer, Andrea Draize, Ryan Ritchay; Second row, left to right: David Trione, Courtney Spangler, Nicholas Heimer, Garrett Russell; Third row, left to right: Mark Bader, John Luoma, Jim Pruski, Nathan Dahlke, Mathias Shefchik.