Rhetta Standifer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Management
Department of Management and Marketing
- Ph.D., University of Missouri
- M.B.A., University of Missouri
- M.A., University of Missouri
- B.A., Florida State University
- Organizational behavior
- Relationships between companies in an e-commerce environment, especially in terms of conflict resolution.
- What makes teams (inside companies and between companies) effective
- Issues related to time - entrainment and synchronization among teams and organizations and polychronic behavior in individuals and teams
Dr. Rhetta Standifer likes to use readings and examples from the "real-world" that go beyond the textbook—her goal is to make classes relevant, useful, and interesting. Dr. Standifer uses a lot of in-class activities and small group discussions—to give students a chance to link the material from lectures and readings to personal experience and practical application. Communication (both written and verbal) is also stressed in her classes.
She also makes a point of bringing her research of business-to-business e-commerce, team effectiveness, and time-related issues into the classroom, providing her students with real examples of the concepts and issues discussed.