Jennifer Johs-Artisensi, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Health Care Administration
Director, Health Care Administration Program
Associate Director, Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE)
Department of Management and Marketing
- Ph.D., University of North Texas
- M.P.H., University of North Texas
- B.A., Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN
- Introduction to Health Care Administration
- Health Care Delivery Systems, healthcare finance and information systems
- Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Aging
- People in health care: increasing consumer/patient/resident-focus, health care staffing issues, marketing, and young leadership development
- Resident-focused care and culture change in long term care
- Young leadership development in long term care
- Health care policy
- University, community, and health care partnerships
Dr. Johs-Artisensi became especially interested in seniors and access to health care services while working as a health psychologist at the Baylor Elder HouseCalls Program in Texas. While she enjoyed her one-on-one work with patients and residents, she became passionate about what could be done to make health care, mental health care, and long term care services more appropriate and accessible to people needing those services. Through her teaching and collaborative research, Dr. Johs-Artisensi challenges students to learn the importance of becoming civilly engaged and advocating for a more user-friendly health care system that delivers quality, patient-focused care.
As coordinator of the HCAD program and associate director of CHAASE, Dr. Johs-Artisensi has work on a variety of collaborative efforts with members of the local and regional aging network and health care community.