Marketing focuses on building customer relationships. It is a process that begins with discovering unmet customer needs and continues with researching the potential market; producing a good or service that satisfies targeted consumers; and promoting, pricing and distributing that good or service.
All organizations-profit-oriented and not-for-profit engage in marketing activities because all organizations must serve customer needs to succeed.
As a marketing student you will learn to...
- Develop marketing strategy that maximizes a firm's share of the market and its profits while ensuring that the firm's customers are satisfied
- Monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services
- Determine the demand for products and services offered by the firm and its competitors
- Communicate marketing and sales information clearly and concisely to current and potential users
- Become proficient in marketing industry specific software
- Understand the importance of ethics in the marketing profession
- Work effectively with people in project teams
- Lead in the management of people
Careers in marketing include advertising, purchasing, retail buying, sales, brand or product management, store management, logistics, and events planning.
Focuses on the use of marketing databases and leading edge software to track and understand customer product preferences, launch new products quickly, and market products competitively. Prepares students for analytical decision-making careers in manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing, and integrated marketing communications.