Management is the process of coordinating organizational resources--land, labor, capital and information--to meet a goal. It is the force that unites everyone in an organization and sets everything in motion.
As a management student you will learn to...
- Critically analyze management-related problems, identify appropriate solutions, review courses of action, and make recommendations
- Locate, select, and place qualified employees
- Monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services
- Design, implement, and measure training and development programs to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization’s human resources
- Develop operational strategies to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders to achieve overall organizational goals
- Understand statistical processes and use analytical and problem solving skills
- Identify new business opportunities and evaluate the feasibility of these ideas
- Communicate information clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders
- Understand ethical and social implications of managerial decisions
- Work effectively with people in project teams
- Lead in the management of people
Careers in management include retail management, human resource management, employee benefits and compensation, inventory control, purchasing, retail buying, labor relations, operations management, and business ownership.
Human Resource Management