The IS major is for you if you’re interested in how people use computers to improve the performance of individuals and organizations. This major does not require a minor, but you may choose one if you want. The IS major provides knowledge required to enter a career as a systems analyst, an application developer, manager of information technology, or a network manager.
As an IS student you will learn to...
- Accurately analyze complex organizational situations
- Excel in communicating with both business professionals and computer specialists
- Work effectively with people in project teams
- Make ethical decisions regarding IS usage and management
- Design and develop secure, usable databases, networks, and software
- Lead in the management of people, information, data, hardware, and software
- Enjoy lifelong learning in the rapidly changing IS field
Business Analysis Emphasis
Systems Development Emphasis
Information Systems Minor