Finance is the field of study that focuses on managing the finances of firms, financial institutions, and individuals.
As a finance student you will learn to...
- Prepare financial reports, direct investment activities, and implement cash management strategies
- Evaluate long-term investments and their financing
- Become proficient in financial reporting software
- Excel in communicating financial information clearly and concisely to internal and external clients
- Understand the importance of ethics in the financial profession
- Work effectively with people in project teams
- Lead in the management of people
- Enjoy lifelong learning in the rapidly changing financial field
Finance graduates have many career choices. Typical positions held by finance graduates include: corporate financial officer, banker, stockbroker, financial analyst, portfolio manager, and personal financial planner.