Accounting is the field of study that focuses on developing and providing financial information about business, including information about the cost of products manufactured or services provided and about governmental and not-for-profit organizations. Internal and external decision makers as well as other stakeholders of the organization use this information.
As an accounting student you will learn to...
- Prepare, analyze and verify financial documents in order to provide information to internal and external clients
- Become proficient in accounting and auditing software
- Understand the importance of ethics in the accounting profession
- Excel in communicating accounting and financial information clearly and concisely
- Work effectively with people in project teams
- Lead in the management of people and financial information
- Enjoy lifelong learning in the rapidly changing accounting field
Careers in accounting include public accounting, financial accounting, managerial accounting, internal auditing, and tax accounting.