print header

How to change your major or minor to Communication and Journalism

  1. Sign up for an appointment using the sign up sheets outside HHH162, CJ Intake Adviser, Janet Driever.

     NOTE: An appointment time may be up to a week after the time of request. PLAN AHEAD.

  2. When you meet with the Intake Adviser, bring the following:

    • a printed "What-If" Degree Audit including the new major or minor

    • a completed semester-by-semester CJ Student's Degree Plan form showing all classes that you plan to take to meet your degree requirements. You may get the required form in the department office or by clicking on one of the links below.

    • any questions you have about this major or minor

      NOTE: While you might think that you cannot complete your Plan Form without help, please do the best you can. Read your degree audit and catalogue information carefully. There also are "advising sheets" in the department office to assist you in completion of your Plan form.

      The CJ Intake Adviser will review your completed Plan and offer assistance. The CJ Intake Adviser will not be able to meet with you if you do not bring the What-If Degree Audit and a completed Plan form. A new appointment time will have to be scheduled

  3. After you meet with the CJ Intake Adviser, the program assistant will update your record with your new major or minor assign a CJ academic adviser, and email the information to you.
  4. Be sure to enter your degree plan information into your MyBlugold CampS Planner. You can find your Student Planner in the Student Center in the Academics section. 

  5. For additional advising information, you may contact the CJ Peer Advisers,, Hibbard Hall 172, (715) 836-3153.

You may contact the program assistants in the department as follows:

Judy Gatlin
Ellen Hon

Hibbard Hall 152