In order to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a junior or senior international student seeking a degree at UW-Eau Claire
- First preference will be given to an international student who is a Communication major with an Organizational Communication emphasis
- Second preference will be given to a junior or senior international student who is pursuing any of the Communication and Journalism department's other majors including Communication (Communication Studies or Public Communication), Mass Communication (Advertising or PR), or Journalism
- Have a minimum resident and major GPA of 3.0
- Have completed 60 credits by the time the scholarship money is deposited into their tuition account, i.e., the fall semester following the scholarship award
NOTE: If the Department of Communication and Journalism does not receive any qualified applicants, the Center for International Education may award the scholarship to the best qualified recipient who most closely meets the scholarship criteria.
Dr. Sally Webb began her teaching career at the Wisconsin State University-Eau Claire on September 1, 1965. She was the recipient of an Excellence in Teaching Award in 1992 and the first Student Senate Advisor of the Year Award in 1998, as well as other awards. Dr. Webb officially retired from teaching in 2002, but not from her commitment to faculty and students at UW-Eau Claire. Her fundraising work, which began in 2005 for the UW-Eau Claire Foundation, helps to create new and enhance existing scholarships for the deserving UW-Eau Claire student.
This scholarship is not available at this time.