(contingent upon funding)
In order to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be full-time continuing student pursuing a career in radio, television, or other news and entertainment communication media.
- Have applied for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the FAFSA must indicate financial need
- Selection is based on demonstrated financial need and scholastic ability. Although there is no specific grade requirement, the recipient should show scholastic ability based on high school or college transcripts as a measure of academic performance and ability to succeed.
- All other criteria being met, preference is given to students who have a current relationship (a relative of active or retired, full or part-time employees) with Journal Media Group or the Milwaukee broadcast operations (WTMJ-TV, WTMJ-AM, WKTI-FM of the E.W. Scripps Company.
- The geographic area is open but it is not intended for international students.
For more information, visit
This scholarship will be available in early fall semester.