(contingent upon funding)
In order to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a continuing sophomore, junior, or senior
- Be a Communication major with an emphasis in Organizational Communication, Communication Studies, or Public Communication
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Should have actively participated in programs, activities and/or work related to the communication field
- Should have demonstrated excellence in public speaking
Donald L. Wolfarth held a teaching position in the Speech Department at UW-Eau Claire from 1967 until his retirement in 1988. He was active as a judge in the various high school and college debate and forensics events held at UW-Eau Claire. Before his UW-Eau Claire teaching position, he studied with the American Institute of Parliamentarians, being first accredited as a Certified Parliamentarian and then, at the highest rank, a Certified Professional Parliamentarian. In 1969, he created the parliamentary procedure course previously offered in that department with his great expertise in this area. Professor Wolfarth's department chair said of him: "Don was outstanding as a scholar, teacher and colleague. But he was extraordinary as a friend."
The scholarship application is available here.