The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Center for International Education's Host Friend Program matches international students with kindhearted and compassionate individuals and families from the Eau Claire area. Host friends are community members; they may be single, couples, retired, families with children, etc.As a host, you will be introducing international students to new, unique, and exciting customs, adventures, and experiences they would have been unable to enjoy without your support. Hosts provide a weekend home stay to a new international student upon the student's arrival to Eau Claire. Additionally, host friends keep in touch with their student throughout the student's stay at UW-Eau Claire. Some students are on a semester or year exchange, and others are degree seeking students.
UW-Eau Claire is lucky to have such a diverse community of international students continually representing over 40 different countries on its campus. We are also very fortunate to have an equally diverse group of Eau Claire area community members willing to host an international student.
As a host you can expect to:
- Pick up students at the Chippewa Valley Regional Airport or Chippewa Valley Airport Service bus terminal
- Provide a weekend home stay (where the fun starts!)
- Help with periods of transition & cultural adjustment
- Introduce students to Eau Claire, Wisconsin, & US culture
- Learn about your students culture
- Create life-long friendships
The Host Friend Program is one of the top reasons why international students choose our internationally esteemed university! The program is highly regarded and enjoyed by international students and hosts.
As a student you can expect to:
- Be picked up by hosts as you arrive in Eau Claire
- Stay in a American house for a weekend home stay
- Learn American and Eau Claire culture first hand
- Speak English with native speakers
- Establish life-long friendships
- Teach an American family about your culture
Hosts and students come from a variety of religious, cultural, and political backgrounds. Sharing viewpoints, opinions, and experiences regarding these matters will likely be one of the most interesting and rewarding aspects of the Host Friend Program.
If you should have any questions, please contact the Community Outreach Coordinator or Center for International Education at 715?836?4411 or email@example.com.
We truly hope you find the program a fun and rewarding experience!