Welcome to the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire. We hope the following information will help prepare you for your journey to Eau Claire.
To Do List
Please complete the following tasks before you arrive in Eau Claire.
- Complete a Student Profile for the Host Family/Friend Program. This profile will be used to match you with a Host in Eau Claire. Your host’s contact information will be emailed to you. Students have said that having a host made their time at UW-Eau Claire memorable and fun.
- Purchase an airline ticket that will allow you to arrive in Eau Claire on August 17 for the Host Family/Friend Program and Orientation Program.
- Send your arrival date, time, place, and flight number to Shu Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be met at the Minneapolis International airport.
- Travel with your Host Family/Friend’s phone number and address in case your flight arrives early or is delayed.
Suggested Packing List
- X-rays/medical records/dental records.
- Information on any long-term health problems/allergies
- Laptop computer, USB hub, cable. headphones
- Flash drives
- Digital camera
- One suit, dress shirt and tie, or semi-formal dress
- Traditional clothing
- Electronic translator
- Alarm clock
- Two pairs of prescription glasses
- International driver’s license
- Birth certificate, if available
- Chopsticks (one pack)
- Microwavable bowls (for soup)
- Flip flops/shower sandals
- Family/Friends photographs
- Cultural items & clothing (to be used at the UWEC International Folk Fair)
- A credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- A small amount of cash in U.S. dollars. It is recommended that you carry sufficient funds for your immediate needs in the form of cash.