Online Course Development
CETL/LTS e-Learning Consultants can combine technical [AND] pedagogical expertise to assist instructors to design courses that will be successful and personalized to the instructor's teaching style. We are well-versed in D2L, Kaltura, and other relevant, up-to-date technologies as well as trends and research-based strategies to teach online effectively. We can work with anyone teaching online, hybrid, flipped, or technology-enhanced courses at UWEC.
Here's what we can help you with:
- Talking through your ideas: we can fill in the technical details and provide additional ideas on how to transition your face-to-face teaching strategies to an online class.
- Making connections between course outcomes, assessments, and content.
- Offering the student viewpoint based on our experiences as online students
- We often say, "If I were a student in your class, I'd think this means..."
- Sharing ideas and experiences from working with other online instructors.
- Providing resources and templates to make the process easier and save you time.
- This includes delegating clerical and artistic tasks for your course to our students.
- Individualized technology recommendations and training, as needed.
- Identifying timelines for completion (below) and regular meetings or periodic check-ins on progress.
- Technical and pedagogical assistance during the course.
- Assistance with revisions for future offerings of the course.
Contact April Pierson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get connected with an e-Learning Consultant.
Online Course Development Stipends
Applications are due September 29, 2017.
CETL offers a limited number of stipends for development of new online courses meeting the following priority criteria:
- Larger classes (40+) offered during the spring or fall semesters
- Liberal education courses
- Courses with high demand, enrollment, and/or waiting lists
- Prerequisite courses for majors
- Instructors who have not previously taught online
The stipend is $500 per credit, paid upon completion of the course. To receive funding, courses must meet quality standards
Apply via the e-form at any time; applications are reviewed periodically and funding is usually allocated about six months before each term.
Online Course Redesign Stipends
We are again able to offer a limited number of stipends to redesign online courses. If your course is more than a few years old, there are new technologies and strategies that can make it more engaging and save you time. The payment for a redesign is a total of $500. The same course quality criteria apply. Apply via the e-form by September 29.