Integrated Learning the Blugold Way
A 90-minute workshop is offered for educators interested in integrative learning (IL) as it is being developed and practiced at UW-Eau Claire.
Thursday, April 19, 4 to 5:30 PM
Friday, April 20, 3 to 4:30 PM
in CETL OL 1142
All UWEC educators are welcome to attend either of the sessions.
Topics to be discussed include:
- What is Integrative Learning?
- The Definition of IL and the IL Rubric
- Different forms of IL
- The IL Rubric guides design and assessment of IL experiences
- What I Wish I'd Known Before Teaching IL – Lessons from IL Instructors
- Planning for IL
- Integrative Teaching including Student Cohorts
- Integrative assignments
- Questions and Discussion
- IL Support Application Process (Title III)
- Lori Bica, Psychology
- Stephen Hill, Political Science
- Patricia Turner, History
- Jennifer Fager, Assessment
Please send an email to CETL@uwec.edu to register indicating your interest and which session you'll attend.