Welcome to UW- Eau Claire!
CETL is your one stop to help you make a seamless transition to teaching here at UW- Eau Claire.
We offer many services and programs that meet the unique needs of educators who are either new to the profession or to UW-Eau Claire.
New Faculty and Academic Staff Programming-Fall 2014
- Teaching Academy- This workshop will help you develop your courses for the fall semester. The Teaching Academy will take place on August 18 and August 21, 2014 in CETL, OL 1142.
- New Instructional Staff Orientation- This event will introduce you to services and programming available at UW- Eau Claire that you can use to better guide your teaching. This event will take place on August 25, 2014 from 8:30 am until about 3:00 pm in CETL (OL 1142). Check out the Orientation Day schedule!
- Mentor Program- In this program you are matched up with a mentor from outside of your department for two semesters. This opportunity will allow you become familiar with campus throughout the school year and to help direct your pedagogical development here at UW- Eau Claire. Check here for the goals and activities common in the Mentor Program.
Feel free to contact CETL if you have any questions or to register for any of the events above.
- Community of Practice- A group of new faculty who meets every other week for 6 times to discuss issues around teaching, students, campus, services on campus, and anything else that comes up. Everyone is welcome to join this group. You will hear more about this at the Aug. 25thOrientation Day.
You'll Want to Check This Out!
The Office of Academic Affairs has some great advice for new UW- Eau Claire faculty.
Unable to attend the New Instructional Staff Orientation?
Check out the following videos to familiarize yourself with UW- Eau Claire.
- Assistant Dean of Students, Jacqueline Bonneville
- Center for Writing Excellence, Dr. Alan Benson
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Dr. Linda Young
- Counseling Services, Lynn Wilson
- Learning and Technology Services, Craig Mey
- McIntyre Library, Dr. John Pollitz
- News Bureau, Julie Poquette
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Dr. Karen Havholm
- University Assessment, Dr. Jennifer Fager
- University Bookstore, Joe Picconatto
- University Honors Program, Dr. Jeff Vahlbusch and Dr. Ivy Bohnlein
Don't Forget This!
Whether you are new to UW- Eau Claire or just want a refresher, check this out to get ready for the school year.
Tech tips (ppt)