Welcome to UW- Eau Claire!
CETL is your one stop to help you make a seamless transition to teaching here at UW- Eau Claire.
We offer many services and programs that meet the unique needs of educators who are either new to the profession or to UW-Eau Claire.
New Faculty and Academic Staff Programming-Fall 2015
- Teaching Academy
This workshop allows both new and current faculty develop courses prior to the beginning of the semester. Topics range from addressing student motivation and active learning rooms to collaborative tools and video creation. Please check out the Teaching Academy page for more information and to register.
- New Instructional Staff Orientation
This event will introduce you to services and programming available at UW- Eau Claire that you can use to better guide your teaching. This event will take place on August 24, 2015 in CETL (OL1142). More information to come soon!
- Opening Week Workshops
This event is split into two different groups. Both groups focus on two different facets of being an educator her at UWEC. You can choose to attend any that interest you. Please check out the Opening Week Workshops page for more information.
You'll Want to Check This Out!
The Office of Academic Affairs has some great advice for new UW- Eau Claire faculty.
Unable to attend the New Instructional Staff Orientation?
Check out the following videos to familiarize yourself with UW- Eau Claire.
- Assistant Dean of Students, Jacqueline Bonneville
- Center for Writing Excellence, Dr. Alan Benson
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Dr. Linda Young
- Counseling Services, Lynn Wilson
- Learning and Technology Services, Craig Mey
- McIntyre Library, Dr. John Pollitz
- News Bureau, Julie Poquette
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Dr. Karen Havholm
- University Assessment, Dr. Jennifer Fager
- University Bookstore, Joe Picconatto
- University Honors Program, Dr. Jeff Vahlbusch and Dr. Ivy Bohnlein
Don't Forget This!
Whether you are new to UW- Eau Claire or just want a refresher, check this out to get ready for the school year.
Tech tips (ppt)