Welcome to CETL!
Have a question about teaching? Come to CETL and we will save you time and energy!
Winterim 2017 Programming
- Liberal Education Core Assessment and Planning for Spring Semester Courses
- Online Course Redesign Workshop - Online
Check out our Winterim 2017 programming information page for registration information.
Spring 2017 Opportunities
- Midterm Student Evaluations
- Successful Teaching Practices: Professional Rounds
- CETL Certificate Program: For Educators with 4 or less years at UWEC
- The Slow Professor: Challenging the Culture of Speed in the Academy
- Inclusive Pedagogy: Articles from the Michigan State university Inclusive Teaching Web
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City
Conference and Travel Support for 2017 OPID Spring Conference
CETL is offering Conference and Travel Grant to Faculty and Instructional Academic Staff who want to attend the Annual UW-System Teaching and Learning Conference at the Radisson Conference Center in La Crosse, WI, on April 20-21, 2017. The UW-System CETL, called OPID or Office of Professional and Instructional Development sponsors a conference for UW System faculty to present their Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) research as either a workshop or a poster presentation. The goals for the conference include promoting interdisciplinary research, establishing connections between faculty from various campuses, and to hear from your system colleagues about their research. Check out more details about the conference here.
CETL will pay for the conference registration, 1 night of lodging, and round trip mileage for this conference. Request funds here.
- Conference dates: April 20 - 21, 2017
- Conference registration: by April 11, 2017
- Hotel reservations: Radisson Conference Center by March 20, 2017
- Priority date for travel support request: March 3, 2017
Once selected you will receive an email confirmation including procedures for you to make your travel arrangements.
Contact CETL with questions.
Summer Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Grant Program
The Summer Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Grant Program supports educator/student collaborative projects for development and assessment of new curriculum (courses or other educational experiences). Development of the curriculum will occur during the summer in collaboration with 1-2 students and the implementation and assessment will occur during the following academic year. Awards include an educator stipend ($2,300), up to two student stipends ($2,300 each), and up to $500 for materials and/or travel support.
Please visit the CETL/ Summer SoTL Grant Program webpage for additional information regarding requirements and other information.
The deadline for the submission of proposals is Friday, February 12, 2017 at 4:00pm.