Wound Management: Offloading and Lymphedema
On Day 2 of Woundstock, Wound Management will provide you with valuable hands-on experience as well as educational information to help improve your wound care practice.You will:
- Increase your lower extremity wound treatment abilities
- Learn how to conduct wheelchair seating assessments
- Identify offloading options available to provide pressure relief for wheelchair patients
- Receive valuable information regarding lymphedema management
- And more!
Who Should Attend
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, COTAs, Physicians, Physician Assistants
Agenda for Wound Management: Offloading and Debridement
|7:30 to 8 a.m.
|8 to 9:30 a.m.
||Offloading the Lower Extremity
with Traiden Oleson
|9:30 to 9:45 a.m.
|9:45 to 10:45 a.m.
||Wheelchair Seating Assessment and Offloading, Part 1
with Kathy Earley
|10:45 to 11 a.m.
|11 a.m. to Noon
||Wheelchair Seating Assessment and Offloading, Part 2
with Kathy Earley
|Noon to 1 p.m.
|1 to 3 p.m.
||Introduction to Lymphedema Management
with Karen Boutiette, OT, CLT, ATRIC
CEUs | Contact Hours
- This Live activity, Wound Treatment and Management, with a beginning date of 10/14/2014, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 11.50 Elective credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Approved by Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association for 5.5 contact hours.
Fee includes lunch, refreshments, program manual and instruction.
Select from 7 choices in wound care and foot care.
Save $100 when you register for 4 programs.
* Foot and Nail Care: Education for Nurses is in combination with either Clinic A or Clinic B.
** WTA runs online July 19 - October 17 and culminates in an in-person skills check on October 18.