Wound Treatment: Burns, Pressure Ulcers, and Pediatrics
The need for expertise in wound care continues to increase and the field is constantly evolving. Don’t fall behind the curve. Get expert advice on dealing with chronic wounds, burns, pressure ulcers and more. Explore evidence-based practice guidelines to obtain the optimal outcomes for your patients.You will:
- Discover the unique aspects of skin care and wound management for youth
- Learn how hyperbaric oxygen therapy can help your patients
- Hear about burn management outside the burn center
- Explore the surgical perspective of grafts, flaps and pressure ulcers
- Investigate wound care products and learn how to determine which product fits which case best
- And more!
Who Should Attend
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, COTAs, Physicians, Physician Assistants
Day 1 of Woundstock encompasses a variety of topics taught by experts in their fields.
Agenda for Wound Treatment: Burns, Pressure Ulcers and Pediatrics
|7:30 to 8 a.m.
|8 to 9 a.m.
||Grafts, Flaps and Pressure Ulcers. “A Surgical Perspective”
with Brent Wogahn, MD, FACS
|9 to 10 a.m.
||Moisture Related Dermatitis
with Shelley Whitman, RN, BSN, CWON
|10 to 10:45 a.m.
||Break / Exhibitors
|10:45 to 11:45 a.m.
||Burn Management Outside the Burn Center
with Kirk V. Dahl, MD
|11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
|12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
||Skin and Wound Care in a Pediatric Population
with Lisa C. Buenger, MD
|1:45 to 2:30 p.m.
||Break / Exhibitors|
|2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
||“So You Want to Go Diving": Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
with Kirk V. Dahl, MD
|3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
||Complex Wounds: Peace-ing It Together
with Tara Beuscher, DNP, RN-C, APNP, GCNS-BC, ANP-BC, CWOCN, CFCN, Adult Nurse Practitioner
CEUs | Contact Hours
- This Live activity, Wound Treatment, with a beginning date of 10/14/2014, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 6 Elective credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Approved by Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association for 6 contact hours.
Fee includes lunch, refreshments, program manual and instruction.
Select from 7 choices in wound care and foot care.
Save $100 when you register for 4 programs.
* Foot and Nail Care: Education for Nurses is in combination with either Clinic A or Clinic B.
** WTA runs online July 19 - October 17 and culminates in an in-person skills check on October 18.