Please check back for 2014 dates.
Thursday & Friday | 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Americas Best Value Inn – Campus View
809 Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire WI 54701
Negotiation | Persuasion | Win-Win
Achieving positive outcomes is key to management success. Because you negotiate daily, you need to master the negotiation process. Examine your “hot buttons” and practice techniques for controlling your emotions. Apply strategies that enable you to uncover the interests behind positions and identify options for mutual gain. Learn how to overcome five common obstacles and reach satisfying agreements for both parties.
Learn How To:
- Manage the fear of “giving away too much” during negotiations.
- Frame and reframe negotiations to maintain focus on interests rather than positions.
- Break off negotiations without damaging relationships.
- Deal with “hard bargainers” and “price buyers”.
- Systematically achieve satisfying agreements for both parties.
- Control the negotiation timeline.
Jim Dahl has 40+ years of consulting and private sector experience including working as Director of Corporate Training for SUPERVALU, Inc. Jim trained with William Ury, co-author of the book Getting to Yes and past director of the Harvard Project on Negotiations.
Fee / CEUs$450 per seminar OR a discounted rate of $400 with three or more people OR three or more seminars.
- Registrations must be received at the same time to receive the discount.
- Payment required with registration.
- Fee includes seminar, lunch and refreshments.
- Participants completing this workshop earn 1.5 CEUs
Walk-ins are welcome – Please call 24 hours ahead to ensure space availability.
You may cancel or transfer your registration up to 5 business days before the start date. If you cancel or transfer fewer than 5 business days before the start date, a $50 administrative fee will be assessed. If you do not attend the event, you are responsible for the full fee. If SBDC cancels, we will refund the entire program fee. You may substitute another person for your registration at any time. Call us for assistance. (715) 836-5811.
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Continuing Education offers excellence in lifelong learning. If you’re not completely satisfied with your learning experience after attending our program we will refund your registration fee.
The Hudson programs are being offered by the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in collaboration with the St. Croix Economic Development Corporation.
The Wisconsin Small Business Development Center Network provides information and counseling to Wisconsin entrepreneurs and small business owners and managers.