Saturday and Sunday
September 28-29, 2013
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Healing Touch is a relaxing, nurturing energy therapy. Gentle touch assists in balancing physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Healing Touch works with energy fields to support one's natural ability to heal. It is safe for all ages and works in harmony with standard medical care.
Who Should Attend
- Registered nurses
- Health care professionals
- Body-oriented therapists
- Licensed health care professionals and individuals
- Lay persons who desire to study energy therapy with a commitment to help others
Healing Touch - Level 2 is for students who have completed Healing Touch - Level 1 and wish to increase breadth and depth in the study of Healing Touch. The second level of study in Healing Touch includes an intake interview, back techniques and a one-hour healing sequence. Emphasis in the experiential learning is on developing healing sequences for specific client needs.
The purpose of this program is to provide education in the energy modality of Healing Touch, a nursing intervention that supports the overall balance and nurturance of body, mind, emotion and spirit.
Level 2 Course ObjectivesYou will be able to:
- Share the experience of practicing Level 1 techniques.
- Develop interviewing and additional assessment skills.
- Demonstrate a one-hour sequence for specific client problems.
- Document clinical work.
- Practice back and neck techniques.
- Describe specific techniques in addressing client health challenges.
- Describe application of HTI’s Standards of Practice / Code of Ethics within a Healing Touch Session.
Level 2 Course ContentYou will be learning:
- Review techniques from Healing Touch Level 1
- Share experiences of practicing Level 1 techniques
- Discuss applying techniques in clinical settings
- Assessment process: interviewing skills, recording observations, documentation
- Healing techniques: One-hour Healing Sequence, Spiral Meditation, Mind Clearing, Modified Mind Clearing and Back Techniques
Check-in starts at 8:30. Program begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 6 p.m.
Dana Spates, CHTP/I, HTI is a Healing Touch Practitioner in Paynesville, MN. She has a private practice in her home as well as at her business, Holistic Health Options. Dana is a hospice volunteer through Rice Hospice, and a member of Healing Touch International. Dana is also a Registered Yoga teacher at the RYT 500 level and teaches classes in Yoga, Meditation, Stress Reduction, Balance Your Chakras and Introduction to Healing Touch at her studio. Dana is also a Personal Trainer and has completed a Masters in Natural Health with Clayton College of Natural Health.
Disclosure: Dana Spates is an instructor of the HTI Healing Touch Certificate Program and has the right to use the intellectual property of the HTI Healing Touch Certificate Program Course of Study.
$349 per person through September 9; then $369. Fee includes program materials and beverages. Lunch is on your own.
Continuing Education Units / Credits
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Continuing Education / UW-Extension is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Participants earn 18 continuing nursing education contact hours.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the start date for a refund less a $50 administrative fee. If you cancel fewer than 10 business days before the start date, no refund will be given. If you do not attend the program, you are responsible for the full fee. If the program is cancelled or full, we will refund the program fee. You may substitute another person for your registration at any time. Call the Continuing Education office (715) 836-3636/ toll free (866) 893-2423 for assistance.
If you need an accommodation for a disability to fully participate in this program, or need this document in an alternative format, please contact Continuing Education at 715-836-3636/ toll-free 866-893-2423, or use the Wisconsin Relay System (711), as soon as possible.
An EEO/Affirmative Action employer, University of Wisconsin provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX and ADA requirements.