How to apply to UW-Eau Claire and register for credit courses
Step 1: Apply
(This username and password are unique to the online application form only. Save them in case you need to return to the form later or if you plan to apply for any of the other universities in the Wisconsin system).
2. Select UW-Eau Claire from the list of Wisconsin institutions.
3. When finished, be sure to click Submit.
- When prompted to give your "Reason for Applying", select
Special Student at the ( Undergraduate or Graduate) Level.
NOTE: if you plan to take an undergraduate-level class, apply as an Undergraduate Special Student in order to avoid paying graduate tuition.
- Under "Applying As," select
(Undergraduate or Graduate) Special Student - Continuing Education.
- Under "Please indicate your educational goal(s)," select
Other, then specify Continuing Education.
4. Continue to Step 2.
Watch for an email from UW-Eau Claire that provides your UW-Eau Claire username and Campus ID. You should receive this email within one business day of submitting your application. You will be directed to http://myUsername.uwec.edu to activate your UW-Eau Claire student account - you'll need to provide your date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. (Note: If you do not have or choose not to use your SSN, you'll need to wait up to one additional business day to receive a separate email that provides a 4-digit PIN.)
Please note that as an Undergraduate or Graduate Special Student
• You are not required to submit transcripts from other institutions.
• There is no application fee.
• Your enrollment is limited to no more than two (2) courses per term.
• You are not eligible for financial aid.
Step 2: Prepare to Register
1. Electronically sign your PPA (Payment Plan Agreement form)
- From the UW-Eau Claire home page (www.uwec.edu) Select "MyBlugold CampS" from the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Log in using your UW-Eau Claire Username and Password
- Select "Self Service."
Select "Payment Plan Agreement." [If you do not see the PPA, your registration deposit (if applicable) is still being processed. Check back the next day] Please note that every student is required to complete the PPA
each semester prior to registering for classes. Agree to the terms and sign as directed. If you are married, you are also required to provide contact information for your spouse, as requested.
If your course requires special permission for registration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Problems?
Email email@example.com or call Continuing Education at 715-836-3636 or 866-893-2423. Office hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Central Time Zone) Monday through Friday.
If you need an accommodation for a disability to fully participate in this program, or need this document in an alternative format, please contact Continuing Education at 715-836-3636 / toll-free 866-893-2423, or use the Wisconsin Relay System (711) as soon as possible.
Refund of credit fees due to withdrawal from class will follow the UW-Eau Claire refund policy. Please refer to the Refund Repayment Schedule web page.