UW-Eau Claire ONLINE
GRADUATE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Leads to Wisconsin DPI certification
(License Code 80)
The demand for Directors of Special Education and Pupil Services is increasing dramatically. Join the new generation of dynamic leaders who will develop innovative special education services that are fully responsive to the future!This 13-credit DSEPS Program:
- Was designed for working professionals like you
- Enables you to advance your career
- May be applied toward a Masters Degree in Special Education (M.S.E.) from UW-Eau Claire
- Can serve as an “add-on” to your current masters degree
- Is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Is supported by the Wisconsin Council for Administrators of Special Services (WCASS)
- To develop a “community of learners” utilizing Desire2Learn (D2L) asynchronous online instruction.
- To complement a strong school administration/leadership knowledge base and assist in preparing professionals to administer special education programs.
- To provide electronic access to required readings, numerous libraries, and other sources via links from D2L. Traditional textbooks will also be utilized in each course.
For specific information on the type and amount of work involved, click on each course title to see a recent syllabus.
- SPED 782 – Special Education Law
- SPED 786 – Leadership in Special Education
- SPED 787 – Leadership in Pupil Services
- SPED 695 – Special Education and Pupil Services Budget and Finance
- SPED 789 – Practicum: Leadership in Special Education and Pupil Services
Applying for License 80
Once you have completed the UW-Eau Claire DSEPS program, to apply for DPI License 80: Director of Special Education and Pupil Services, follow these steps:
- Go to the DPI website for License Application Process instructions and forms.
- Complete the application, attaching any and all required documentation, including a check to the DPI to cover the application fee.
NOTE to School Psychologists: Be sure to attach a copy of the letter from your supervisor confirming your 540 hours of classroom experience working with special needs students. If you did not keep a copy of that letter, contact the Office of Continuing Education at 715-836-3636, firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask the Education Program Manager or Associate to forward you a copy from your DSEPS application file.
- Mail the completed application, documentation, and check to:
Verifications Office, College of Education & Human SciencesAfter verifying successful completion of the DSEPS program, they will forward your completed application for License 80 to the DPI.
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
PO Box 4004
Eau Claire WI 54702