Entrepreneurial Training Program
Tuesday evenings, 6:30 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.
February 5 - April 23, 2013
UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education | Conference Room | 210 Water Street, Eau Claire, WI
Understanding the full scope of what it takes to start and run a small business is overwhelming. The Entrepreneurial Training Program is a resourceful set of classes designed specifically to help you develop a solid plan and learn what it takes to build a thriving business.
Put your business idea to the test
Build a plan that will attract investment
Explore real-world possibilities
Reduce costly trial and error and increase your chances of success
Get answers to your tough questions from our experienced facilitators and instructors
Use case studies, activities and readings to learn how others like you succeeded
- Utilize weekly feedback to make your plan work
The Entrepreneurial Training Program has a proven record of success. What are you waiting for?
In the last 5 years:
- 100% of the students who were in business and took the ETP are still in business.
- 27% of students in the ETP started a business after taking the ETP
- ...of those students, 90% are still in business today.
- 72% of students in the ETP completed a comprehensive business plan.
A comprehensive business plan is the most critical part of your new venture
- Serves as your objective decision guide
- Reduces costly trial and error
- Required by lenders if seeking financing
- Will attract potential investors
- Greatly increase your chance of SUCCESS
Whether your business is brand-new or expanding, writing a business plan is essential. The toughest parts are doing the research, organizing the information, and taking the time to write the plan. When you finish the weekly assignments in the Entrepreneurial Training Program, you will leave with a completed dynamic business plan.
Entrepreneurial Training Program
- Designed by entrepreneurs to help you run a better business
- Lively pace, efficient design, and useful take-home materials
- Utilizes case studies, activities, readings and presentations that are pertinent to business start-ups
- Each week tackles a different concern critical to your business plan
- Facilitators provide professional services to small business (accounting, marketing, financing, legal) or are UW-Eau Claire faculty who teach business management at the university
- Feedback is given weekly by a trained business counselor
- Writing a Business Plan
- Financial Management
- Basic Accounting and Finance
- Legal and Risk Management
- Marketing Needs and Planning
- E-Commerce and Web Site Development
- Technology Involved with Your Small Business
- Customer Service and Time Management
- Successful Selling
- Record Keeping and Taxes
I’m looking for funding and need help writing a business plan.
I have all these ideas...maybe I’ll start a business. But for now all I want to do is learn more about business in general.
I’m a small business owner and want to learn more about accounting and the administrative side of running a business.
Convenient format and meeting site
- Meet in the Continuing Education building, 210 Water Street, Eau Claire
- Tuesday evenings from 6:30–9:15 p.m.; conducted spring and fall in Eau Claire
- Free parking is available across Water Street in the University parking lot north of the Haas Fine Arts building.
- Class size limited so individual questions can be addressed.
- Private, confidential counseling by advisors from the Small Business Development Center is available to cover concerns which are not addressed in the ETP content.
We want you to succeed. Your cost to participate in the Entrepreneurial Training Program is only $250 if you complete the program.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation will provide the remaining $750 in tuition assistance. That’s $1000 worth of concise small business training for $250!
Fill out an application to qualify for tuition assistance.
For more information please contact Jim Mishefske at the UW-Eau Claire Small Business Development Center at (715) 836-5811 or toll free at (800)582-5182.
You may cancel or transfer your registration up to 5 business days before the start date. If you cancel or transfer fewer than 5 business days before the start date, a $25 administrative fee will be assessed. If you do not attend the program, you are responsible for the full fee. If the program is cancelled or full, we will refund the program fee. You may substitute another person for your registration at any time. Call us for assistance.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Jim Mishefske at 715/836-5811 / toll-free 866-893-2423, or use the Wisconsin Relay System by dialing 7-1-1-715-836-5811.
- Bauman Associates
- Blue Monkey Software
- Charter Bank
- John Killey Insurance
- JB Systems, LLC
- Ruder Ware
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Development Center
- Strategic Communications
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Network