Entrepreneurial Training Program
February 2015. Registration is currently closed. Please check back for dates.
6:30 to 9:15 p.m.
UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education
Conference Room | 210 Water Street, Eau Claire, WI
Understanding the full scope of what it takes to start and run a small business is overwhelming. The Entrepreneurial Training Program is a resourceful set of classes designed specifically to help you develop a solid plan and learn what it takes to build a thriving business.
Put your business idea to the test
Build a plan that will attract investment
Explore real-world possibilities
Reduce costly trial and error and increase your chances of success
Get answers to your tough questions from our experienced facilitators and instructors
Use case studies, activities and readings to learn how others like you succeeded
- Utilize weekly feedback to make your plan work
- Learn how to alter your plan early on to increase your chance of success
The Entrepreneurial Training Program has a proven record of success. What are you waiting for?
- 415 graduates (about 120 per year)
- $338,350 in funding assistance provided by WEDC to ETP attendees
- 31% of ETP attendees started a business (others decided against it after evaluating their business idea and readiness)
- $17.1 M capital infusion from ETP participants
A comprehensive business plan is the most critical part of your new venture
- Serves as your objective decision guide
- Reduces costly trial and error
- Required by lenders if seeking financing
- Will attract potential investors
- Greatly increase your chance of SUCCESS
Whether your business is brand-new or expanding, writing a business plan is essential. The toughest parts are doing the research, organizing the information, and taking the time to write the plan. When you finish the weekly assignments in the Entrepreneurial Training Program, you will leave with a completed dynamic business plan.
Entrepreneurial Training Program
- First three weeks focuses on the Lean start-up model utilizing the Effective Business Model canvas
- Designed by entrepreneurs to help you run a better business
- Lively pace, efficient design, and useful take-home materials
- Utilizes case studies, activities, readings and presentations that are pertinent to business start-ups
- Each week tackles a different concern critical to your business plan
- Facilitators provide professional services to small business (accounting, marketing, financing, legal) or are UW-Eau Claire faculty who teach business management at the university
- Feedback is given weekly by a trained business counselor
- Lean Start-Up Business Model Canvas
- Writing a Business Plan
- Financial Management
- Basic Accounting and Finance
- Legal and Risk Management
- Marketing Needs and Planning
- E-Commerce and Web Site Development
- Technology Involved with Your Small Business
- Customer Service and Time Management
- Hiring and HR Issues
- Record Keeping and Taxes
I’m looking for funding and need help writing a business plan.
I have all these ideas...maybe I’ll start a business. But for now all I want to do is learn more about business in general.
I’m a small business owner and want to learn more about accounting and the administrative side of running a business.
Convenient format and meeting site
- Meet in the Continuing Education building, 210 Water Street, Eau Claire
- Tuesday evenings from 6:30–9:15 p.m.; conducted spring and fall in Eau Claire
- Free parking is available across Water Street in the University parking lot north of the Haas Fine Arts building.
- Class size limited so individual questions can be addressed.
- Private, confidential counseling by advisors from the Small Business Development Center is available to cover concerns which are not addressed in the ETP content.
Fees and Descriptions
Option A – Lean Start-Up Only
This option is for the first three weeks (Lean Start-Up) only. You will work with the Business Model Canvas process and learn to reduce time and errors in your business growth. Cost is $300.
Option B – Full Program, Without the Extras
This includes the entire program (Lean Start-Up and business plan discussions) but does not include the requirement of a business plan submission nor business plan counseling. Cost is $750.
Option C – Full Program, With Business Plan and Counseling
This option is for the entire program AND the submission of a business plan with counseling. The cost is only $250 if you complete the program requirements. The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation will provide the remaining $750 in tuition assistance. That’s $1000 worth of concise small business training for $250! Fill out an application to qualify for tuition assistance.
- Understand that if you do NOT complete and submit a business plan, you will be charged an additional $750.
- You must submit an application and wait for approval.
For more information please contact the UW-Eau Claire Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at (715) 836-5811 or email ETP@uwec.edu
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at 715-836-5811, or use the Wisconsin Relay System by dialing 7-1-1-715-836-5811.
Past and Present Sponsors:
- Bauman Associates
- Charter Bank
- John Killey Insurance
- JB Systems, LLC
- Ruder Ware
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Development Center
- Strategic Communications
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation