UW Eau Claire has a long history of bringing campus and community stakeholders together to work on issues related to high-risk drinking.
Groups past and present that have worked together include:
- Alcohol Education Advisory Committee 1996-1998
- Alcohol Task Force 1999-2000
- Alcohol Education Committee 2003-2005
- The Bridge: Campus Community Coalition on Alcohol Issues in Eau Claire: 2005-present
- Alcohol Prevention Program Advisory Committee: 2005-2008
- The Bridge: Campus-Community Coalition on Alcohol Issues in Eau Claire: 2005-2012
- Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention: 2005-present
- Eau Claire Healthy Communities High Risk Drinking Action Team: 2013-present
- Alcohol Safety Team: 2008-present
Alcohol Safety Team
The UW-Eau Claire Alcohol Safety Team is comprised of representatives from across campus committed to reducing the harmful effects of alcohol on students by providing leadership on campus alcohol policy, programs and initiatives, and services.
- Review and update the comprehensive campus alcohol plan annually.
- Review UW Eau Claire AOD survey results and other data to assess alcohol use patterns and identify areas that require action.
- Review campus alcohol policies and make recommendations to the Chancellor as changes are needed to keep campus alcohol policies current, and ensure policies are communicated and enforced.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based strategies identified in the campus alcohol plan (i.e. prevention programs, policy changes, enforcement).
- Keep individual campus departments and office, and all of the UW-Eau Claire community informed and up to date on the work of the AST.
Eau Claire Healthy Communities is a local coalition of partners from the community working together to promote the health and well being of individuals, families, and communities of Eau Claire County through collaborative and focused action. In spring of 2013, as a result of a facilitated process, the coalition identified three focus areas of concern for Eau Claire County: Alcohol and Other Drug Use; Chronic Disease Prevention, and Mental Health. UW Eau Claire staff participate in the High Risk Drinking Action Team that resulted from this process.
UW Eau Claire partners with another local coalition, the Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention. The mission of the ASAP is to improve the lives of children, youth, and adults by mobilizing communities to prevent and treat alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse in Eau Claire County.