Mass encumbrance orders are established every year for advertising services and maintenance/repair services. The mass encumbrance orders for FY14 are:
- Advertising: 40001
- Maintenance/Repair: 40002
You may use these same purchase order numbers for advertising services and maintenance/repair services throughout the entire fiscal year. The numbers change July 1 of each new fiscal year.
When a department contracts for Advertising services or Maintenance/Repair services, the following procedures are to be followed:
- Departments are to make their own arrangements. The vendor is to be given the purchase order number involved and instructed to mail their invoice to:
University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
PO Box 5008
Eau Claire, WI 54702-5008
- Inform the vendor that the purchase order number MUST be on the invoice or it will be returned to the vendor by the Accounts Payable department.
- Prepare a purchase requisition to cover the order regardless of the amount. Do not use a Low Dollar Order form.
- Record the applicable purchase order number in the purchase requisition and forward the purchase requisition to Accounts Payable, S106. Accounts Payable will match the invoice to the purchase requisition for payment.