With the recent changes in the vehicle rental contracts, the dissolution of Campus Fleet Rental, and most recently the discontinuance of 12-passenger and 15- passenger vans, it was decided to create vehicle rental instructions for anyone who plans to travel and will require a vehicle for university business.
Here are a few important highlights:
- Travelers have the choice of renting a vehicle or using their own personal vehicle for university business.
- If you choose to use a personal vehicle, your personal vehicle insurance is primary and the State of Wisconsin’s insurance is secondary.
- Even though 12-passenger and 15-passenger vans are listed in our contracts, these vans are not to be rented under any circumstances for university business.
- The reimbursement rate for the use of a personal vehicle is $0.510 per mile unless mandated as less by the department paying for the reimbursement.
- Whether you are driving your personal vehicle or a rental vehicle for university business, Faculty/Staff must obtain driver authorization from University Police prior to the travel taking place. This authorization needs to be obtained only once. NOTE: Students may be authorized for a maximum of one year and must submit a new request for authorization. Contact University Police (36-2222) if you have any questions regarding this process.
- The local Hertz located at the Chippewa Valley Regional airport has declined to participate in our current vehicle rental contract and is not considered a contract vendor.
Read the Vehicle Rental Instructions, located here, carefully. If you have any questions regarding the rental of vehicles for university business, contact Becky Zillmer firstname.lastname@example.org at 36-5266 or Sheri Kuberra email@example.com at 36-5999.
Accounts Payable Manager