Purchase Orders (PO)
Contact Karen McIntyre for purchasing questions at firstname.lastname@example.org (36-5171)
If total of order is under $5,000, process and submit an e-Form Purchase Requisition.
- If total of order is over $5,000 but under $25,000, You must obtain bids from at least 3 vendors unless using existing DOA or UW-Madison contracts. Keep in mind that there are mandatory contracts in place for various items (e.g. office supplies must be purchased through Shop@UW.). Contact the Purchasing Office for further information. Once quotes have been obtained and low bidder has been determined, an e-Form Purchase Requisition should be processed with quotes attached to the requisition.
- If total of order is over $25,000 but under $50,000 and there is no existing contract that can be referenced, the Purchasing Office should be contacted for guidance on the appropriate request for bid process.
- If total of order is over $50,000, and there is no existing contract that can be referenced, an Official Sealed bid must be processed. Purchasing Office should be contacted at this point.
- Accounts Payable office will receive the invoice from the vendor. The invoice will be matched to the corresponding PO.
- A copy of the invoice with the following statement in "red" will be returned to the department: "Being Paid – This copy is for your records only. Call 36-4529 within 7 days of Accounts Payable date stamp to withhold or adjust payment."
- It is the department's responsibility to notify Accounts Payable office if the invoice is not correct.
- If we receive no response from the department within 7 days, the invoice is paid.
Direct Payments – Use for supplies and services less than $5,000
Contact Sheri Kuberra at email@example.com or 36-5999.
It is always a best business practice to order supplies and services using an official purchase order. The procurement credit card can also be used for ordering supplies. In the few instances that a purchase order or procurement credit card cannot be used, a direct payment can be used.
There are mandatory contracts in place for various items, (e.g. office supplies must be purchased through Shop@UW. Contact the Purchasing Office for further information.
The direct payment method cannot be used for the following purchases: Capital Equipment, Leases, or Rentals. The Purchase Order (PO) process listed above should be used instead.
- Contact vendor to order supplies or services.
- Have invoice sent directly to your department.
- Verify items received against invoice received from vendor. Vendor must bill UW-Eau Claire, not an individual.
- Submit the Direct Pay e-Form, attaching the invoice and supporting documentation.
- NOTE: Provide a separate Direct Pay e-Form for each invoice.
- NOTE: Keep original receipts and supporting documentation for the current fiscal year, plus the past fiscal year.
- Accounts Payable office will pay the vendor.
LDO – Low Dollar Orders - Use for supplies and services less than $500
Whenever possible, the procurement credit card should be used for placing all supplies orders under $500.
- Keep in mind that there are mandatory contracts in place for various items, e.g. office supplies must be purchased through Shop@UW. Contact the Purchasing Office for further information.
- Fill out the LDO e-form.
- LDO e-form instructions.
- The vendor will send the invoice directly to the Accounts Payable office, who will pay the invoice.
- There is no verification of items received.
Travel Expense Reimbursement (TER) Claims for mileage, registration fees, lodging, car rental, etc.
Contact Sheri Kuberra firstname.lastname@example.org (36-5999)
- See the travel regulations located at the TravelWIse Portal under the tab "Before You Go>University Travel Policy prior to all travel. REMINDER: All out-of-state travel requires a Travel Authorization Form. Travel Authorization forms for in-state travel are not required to be filled out or filed with Accounts Payable in order for in-state travel to be reimbursed. However, departments may continue to require travelers to fill out travel authorizations and submit them for inter-departmental authorization and budgeting purposes.
- Fill out the Travel Expense Reimbursement Form, sign, and obtain signatory authority.