UW – Eau Claire Candidate Interviewees
Travel Regulation Reminders
Even though potential candidates are not state employees and are brought on campus for the purpose of interviewing for a potential position with UW-Eau Claire, they are still subject to all Travel Restrictions and limits just as any state employee would be.
Listed below are some guidelines when inviting potential candidates to the campus for interviewing purposes.
If the candidate is not a U.S. citizen or currently resides outside of the U.S., contact Angie Underwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 715-836-4554 for additional requirements necessary for candidate reimbursement.
As a department, you can choose from making arrangements and paying for the lodging, or having the candidate make their own arrangements, pay for, and be reimbursed for the cost. The following options are available:
- The department can make the arrangements and pay for the room using one of the department's travel cards. Please note that the only charge that should appear on the hotel folio should be the room charge. Sales tax should never be paid, as we are tax exempt.
- The department can make the arrangements, and have the candidate pay for the room. The candidate can then submit a Travel Expense Report for reimbursement. Sales tax may be charged, and we will reimburse the candidate for the tax.
- The candidate can make their own arrangements, pay for the room, then submit a Travel Expense Report for reimbursement. Sales tax will be charged, and we will reimburse the candidate for the tax.
Other related charges like meals, phone calls, parking, internet, etc., must be personally paid for prior to check-out.
Eau Claire Campus Area Lodging Options can be found on the Accounts Payable website under the Travel heading.
Meals in Eau Claire are in-state rates. It is possible the candidate will be claiming meals in transit. Those meals could be out-of-state rates depending on where the candidate is traveling from. Current meal allowances can be found on the UW TravelWIse Portal:
Once you are in the portal, you can click on the tab at the top marked "Before You Go". Click on "Domestic Meal and Lodging Rates - Eligibility Requirements". Select "Domestic Meal Rate Information".
This includes tip. Liquor is not allowed for any reason. You can download a Visitor Reference Guide from the UW TravelWIse Portal (see below for instructions) for information regarding partial day meal allotments.
Airline Tickets - MUST BE BOOKED THROUGH FOX WORLD TRAVEL
As a department you can choose from making arrangements and paying for the airfare, or having the candidate make their own arrangements, pay for, and be reimbursed for the cost. The following options are available:
- The department can make the arrangements using Fox World Travel's online booking tool, using one of the department's travel cards.
- The department can call Fox World Travel at1-920-230-6467 to make the arrangements using one of the department's travel cards.
- The department can fill out the candidate information for the UW System travel arranger to book the ticket by filling out a request form. This can be done on the UW TravelWIse Portal. Under Reservations, choose Onsite Services, Non-Employee Travel Request Form. You are given the option of the department paying, or the candidate paying. (Please note that you should fill out and submit the form prior to contacting the travel arranger via phone.)
- The candidate can make their own arrangements by calling Fox World Travel at 1-920-230-6467, using a personal credit card, and submitting a Travel Expense Report for reimbursement.
- Arrangements should be made in accordance with the following policy requirements:
Up to 1 checked bag
For the UW business dates of the trip
For flight(s) departing from and returning to the closest airport to the candidate's home or business location
When seeking reimbursement, the candidate must provide both the itinerary and receipt.
If car rental is needed, call either Becky (715-836-5266) or Sheri (715-836-5999) for information. Miscellaneous items such as Fuel Service/Re-fueling, GPS unit, car seat, etc. are not reimbursable.
Detailed original receipts must be attached for all expenses the candidate requests. The total amount charged on a credit card slip will not suffice. It must show the individual items purchased.
A Visitor's Travel Guide is available on the UW TravelWIse Portal. Once you are in the portal, you can click on the tab at the top marked "Help Support". Click on "User Guides/Tutorials/Publications Library" (Login using your UWEC login and password if prompted to login), and you will find the UW Visitors Guide as one of the documents you can download. If you have any questions regarding candidate interviews, contact the Firstsource Team (email@example.com) at 715-836-3131.