1098-T tuition tax forms will be available online early January 2016. As soon as the forms are available for viewing and printing, students will be sent an email from GetMyDocument (email@example.com) giving a secure website link and instructions for accessing their tax form on-line. Subsequent reminder emails will be sent at intervals during January.
The 1098-T contains important tax information related to tuition and other information for calendar year 2015, which may be needed to complete tax returns and obtain Federal and State tax benefits. Watch for these emails and follow the instructions to retrieve your 1098-T form. You will need the information provided in the email each time you access your 1098-T form.
If students have trouble accessing their 1098-T tax forms, they can call (800) 756-4311. Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 7 AM to 5 PM Central Time. Step-by-step directions regarding how to access the 1098T form online can be found below.
If students have questions regarding the data on the form, they can call the Business Office at (715) 836-5907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If students do not electronically access their 1098-T by January 31, 2016, a paper copy will be mailed to the permanent address on file at UW-Eau Claire.
Student 1098T Information
Steps for Students Receiving 1098TInformation - UW-Eau Claire students who pay any portion of their tuition will receive one or more email messages about how to obtain their 1098T information. Students should take the following steps to retrieve their tax form.
Note: Once a student has viewed their 1098T tax form they will not receive additional reminder emails.
Hint: Check Junk and/or Spam folder for this email if you do not have it.
1. Open the message from email@example.com notifying you to retrieve the1098T tax form.
2. To navigate to GetMyDocument either click the link in the email or copy and paste the web address (URL) in the email into your web browser's address bar.
3. The GetMyDocument Verification Page will appear. New for 2013 – all values except SSN will pre-populate the page; if the information does not pre-populate the student may still manually enter their information.
B. Enter the last 4 digits of your SSN in the Last Four Digits of Your Tax ID Number(SSN) field.
- C. Verify or enter your name in the First Name and Last Name fields.
4. Read the information in the Consent and Disclosure area and enter the security code exactly as found on the web page in the box below.
5. Click the I Consent button at the bottom of the page.The Document Inbox web page appears.
6. At the bottom of the page, click on the desired document.
Example:UW EAU CLAIRE Form 1098T 2013
Your 1098T form will display.You can print it, save it, or email it to yourself.