UW-Eau Claire undergraduate students may rent textbooks and other course materials from the Instructional Resource Rental Department of the University Bookstore. You must have your Blugold Card to check out any textbooks from the IRR Department.
- Main texts for each course are rented, some textbooks will need to be purchased.
- If you drop a class, return your textbook from that class immediately so another student can use it.
- You may check out only one copy of each textbook. If you lose the book, you must pay the replacement price of that textbook before you can check out another.
- Rental materials are due on the last day of final exams, but you can bring books back one at any time to avoid lines.
- If your rental textbooks aren't returned by the last day of finals, you will be fined. Failure to return your books, and disregarding warning notices about returning them, will increase the fine and could adversely affect your credit rating.
- If you wish to buy the textbook you've rented for your professional library, a purchase period is set each semester. Buy your current textbooks -- or any textbook in the IRR inventory -- for 25% off the replacement price.