Book Buyback Procedures
The University Bookstore is happy to buy back your used purchase course books at any time, this is called Book Buyback.
- The best time to sell your used purchase course books to us is during finals week.
- We will pay you up to 50% of the book's selling price if the book was requested by the instructor for required use next term, and if the bookstore is not overstocked on the book.
- If the book you are selling back to the bookstore does not meet the above criteria, the price we offer you is based upon the current national demand.
- Study guides and workbooks must be in "like new" condition, with no writing on their pages.
- All books must be in good condition.
- Some books have little or no monetary value. Out-of-print books and old editions are not in national demand, and we can't buy them.
- Do not sell us your rental textbooks. It is your responsibility to return them to the Instructional Resource Rental Department either before or during finals week.
- For the protection of UW-Eau Claire students and their property, we require the presentation of a valid student Blugold Card during Book Buyback transactions.