- Ph.D. University of Kentucky - 1983
- M.S. University of Wisconsin, Madison - 1978
- B.S. University of Minnesota, Duluth - 1972
- Biol 250 Microbiology
- Biol 306 Infectious Disease Ecology
- Biol 381 Virology
- Biol 401 Recombinant DNA Techniques
- Biol 402 Current Topics in Virology and Immunology
- Biol 491 Special Topics: Cell Biology Lab
- Biol/Chem 412 Biochemistry/Molecular Biology seminar
Research - Immunology and Virology
- Innate immune response to anti-fungal drugs and viruses
- Molecular biology of cytomegalovirus
- Prevalence rate of ticks harboring Borrelia burgdorferi, the Lyme disease-causing bacteria (data link).
Selected Publications:(undergraduates are indicated by *)
Turtinen LW, A Croswell* and A Obr*. (2008) Microarray analysis of amphotericin B-Treated THP-1 monocytic cells identifies unique gene expression profiles among lipid and non-lipid drug formulations. Journal of Chemotherapy 20: 103-111.
Turtinen LW, L Bremer*, D Prall*, J Schwartzhoff* and S Hartsel. (2005). Distinct cytokine profiles from human endothelial and THP-1 macrophage-like cells exposed to different amphotericin B formulations. Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology 27: 85-93.
Turtinen LW, D Prall*, L Bremer*, R Nauss* and S Hartsel. (2004). Antibody array-generated profiles of cytokine release from THP-1 leukemic monocytes exposed to different amphotericin B formulations. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 48: 396-403.
Phillips Hall 361
Department of Biology
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004