- B.S. University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.S. University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Ph.D. Iowa State University
- Biol 100 General Biology Laboratory
- Biol 250 Microbiology
- Biol 361 Biology of Microorganisms
- Biol 385 Undergraduate Seminar
- Biol 485 Issues in Biology
Research - Microbiology
- Antibiotic resistance by horizontal gene transfer
- Analysis of conjugative transposon Tn916.
- Analysis of various conjugative plasmids found in Enterococcus faecalis.
- Isolation and characterization of azo dye-degrading bacteria.
Schiedler, S, R Peterson, T Yang and S Showsh. (2012). Determining the efficacy of IonatorEXP activated tap water on growth of Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. The American Journal of Undergraduate Research 10(4): 11–18.
Krist A and SA Showsh. (2007). Experimental evolution of antibiotic resistance in bacteria. American Biology Teacher 69: 94-99.
Klessig HT, SA Showsh and A Sekorski. (2003). The Use of intradiscal antibiotics for discography; an in vitro study of Gentamicin, Cefazolin and Clindamycin. Spine 28: 1735-1738.
Showsh SA, EH DeBoever and DB Clewell. (2001). A vancomycin-resistance plasmid in Enterococcus faecalis that encodes sensitivity to a sex pheromone also produced by Staphylococcus aureus . Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 45: 2177–2178.
Phillips Hall 358
Department of Biology
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004