- Ph.D. University of Michigan - Botany - 1985
- M.S. University of North Carolina - Botany - 1979
- B.S. Davidson College - Biology - 1976
- Biol 195 Plants and Society
- Biol 325 Taxonomy of Vascular Plants
- Biol 326 Economic Botany
- Biol 331 Trees and Shrubs
- Biol 332 Field Botany
Research - Plant Systematics
- Inventory of the bryophytes and vascular plants of Putnam Park and Eau Claire County
- Preparing taxonomic treatments for the Flora of North America project
- Analyzing relationships among the 15 species of plums native to North America as inferred from DNA sequences
- Selected Publications:
Rohrer, JR, MA O'Brien, and JA Anderson. 2008. Phylogenetic analysis of North American plums (Prunus sect. Prunocerasus: Rosaceae) based on nuclear LEAFY and S6PDH sequences. Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas 2:401-414.
Rohrer JR, R Ahmad, SM Southwick, and D Potter. (2004). Microsatellite analysis of relationships among North American plums (Prunus sect. Prunocerasus, Rosaceae). Plant Systematics and Evolution 244: 69-75.
Rohrer JR. (2000). The sand cherry in Wisconsin and neighboring states. Michigan Botanist 39: 59-69.
Phillips Hall 355
Department of Biology
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004