- Ph.D. University of California-Berkeley, Environmental Science, Policy & Management (Entomology) - 1993
- B.S. California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo, Environmental & Systematic Biology - 1986
- Biol 180 Conservation of the Environment
- Biol 311 General Entomology
- Biol 320 Ecology of Tropical Environments
- Biol 328 Conservation Biology
- Biol 329 Field Experiences in Conservation Biology
Research - Conservation Biology & Insect Ecology
- Habitat restoration and conservation of the federally endangered Karner blue butterfly on private and public lands in Wisconsin.
- Response of butterflies to vegetation management and ungulate grazing in the Jemez Mountains, New Mexico.
- Tri-trophic interactions among plants, insects and vertebrates.
- Citizen science.
Selected publications: (undergraduate researchers indicated by *)
- Kleintjes Neff PK (2014). Come on baby take a hike with me: fostering a baby's love of nature and parent, pp.33-47 in Connecting Children to Nature: Ideas and Activities for Parents and Educators. Michael Bentley, Michael Mueller, and Bruce Martin (Eds). Wood 'N' Barnes Publishing, Bethany, OK.
- Kleintjes Neff PK and Mader E (2013). CRP-SAFE for Karner Blue Butterflies: recommendations for Wisconsin Landowners and Conservationists. Pollinator Habitat Handbook Series. The Xerces Society of Invertebrate Conservation, Portland, OR. 18pp
- Kleintjes Neff PK, Fettig SM, and VanOverbeke DR*. (2007). Variable response of butterflies and vegetation to elk herbivory: An exclosure experiment in ponderosa pine and aspen-mixed conifer forests. The Southwestern Naturalist 52: 1-14.
- Swanson JI* and Kleintjes Neff PK. (2007). Lycaeides melissa samuelis (Lepidoptera: Lycaenidae) response to an aggregation of Lytta sayi (Coleoptera: meloidae) on Lupinus perennis (Fabaceae). Great Lakes Entomologist 40: 68-78.
- VanOverbeke DR*, Kleintjes Neff PK, and Fettig SM. (2007). Potentillia fruticosa (Rosaceae) as a nectar plant for butterflies. Journal of the Lepidopterist's Society 61: 222-227.
Phillips Hall 337
Department of Biology
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004