Policy for Workshop Requests
- Five to seven days notice for us to schedule and prepare our staff.
- Presence of the instructor at the workshop(s).
- Copy of the assignment and grading rubric with the workshop request.
- Meeting between the instructor and BITS representative prior to the workshop to discuss the assignment, use the technology to create the assignment, and discuss any customized training that will be required.
Policy for Repeat Workshop Requests
- The first two times a specific workshop is requested, we will provide the teaching materials and instruction.
- For the third and fourth workshop requests, we will act as troubleshooters while the instructor teaches the workshop.
- For all subsequent workshops, the instructor will be the primary resource and our involvement will be limited to one-on-one assistance for the instructor or students.
We empower students, faculty, and staff by providing the training they need to advance their technology skills. We provide free, efficient, hands-on software training for the campus community, specializing in a wide range of introductory software skills. Our goal is to have a broad impact, with particular emphasis on new students, faculty, and staff.
With our help, you will become the primary resource for your technology-based class assignments or departmental projects involving technology. The integration of technology instruction with course material is critical for learning success, and therefore, we believe that instructors should be the primary support for technology-based assignments. Likewise, departmental staff should be the primary support for departmental business practices involving technology. We will help you achieve these goals.
We welcome your feedback. We want to create the best learning experience possible during this time of budget cuts and increasing demands for our resources.