Valerie C. Wing, CPA
Old Library 2146
Phone: (715) 836-5407
About the auditor
An auditor at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is required to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, financial management, or related field.
- Two or more years professional accounting or auditing experience, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of professional accounting and auditing theories and principles.
- Ability to analyze established processes and recommend improvements to procedures.
- Working knowledge of microcomputer word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Effective listening, oral and written communication skills.
Internal auditors working anywhere within the University of Wisconsin-System are required to maintain active membership with the Association of College & University Auditors and the Institute of Internal Auditors. All Internal Auditors are encouraged but not required to pursue professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor. All Internal Auditors should complete 90 hours of professional training over a 3-year period, with a minimum of 15 hours per year.