- Students who have completed 4 or more semester credits of English composition from an accredited college or university and have received a grade of C or higher have met the UW-EC writing requirement. The course will have the equivalency of Writing 116.
- Students who transfer in the equivalent of Writing 116 with a grade of C- or lower needs to retake Writing 116.
- Students who have completed between 2.66 and 3.99 semester credits of composition with a grade of C or better have met a portion of the University Writing Requirement. The transfer course will be given the equivalency of WRIT 907L (general elective). Students have two options to complete the University Writing Requirement:
- Take Writing 120-Blugold Seminar in Critical Reading and Writing for Transfer Students or
- Take any of the following English courses at UW-Eau Claire: ENGL 212, 230, 243, 244, 252, 257, 259, 268, 272, 273, 277, 281, 296.