print header

Information about the UW-System

Transfer Information System (TIS) is a UW System sponsored equivalency guide for all courses within the UW System and those that are transferable from the Wisconsin Technical College System. It can be accessed from UW-Eau Claire's Registrar's home page or at

It also includes "program guides" that tell students at the UW Colleges exactly what courses they should be taking if they plan to transfer to UW-Eau Claire in specific programs.

H.E.L.P. (Higher Education Location Program) line: (1-800-442-6459): This free telephone and referral service of the University of Wisconsin System provides information about such things as academic programs, admission requirements, and deadlines. In addition, there is a wealth of information available on their web site (

Prior approval forms:
UW-Eau Claire students who wish to transfer credits back to UW-EC may determine in advance how the course(s) will transfer. If they are going to Wisconsin or Minnesota school they should print out the equivalency currently on the web (see above), sign and date it, and turn it in to the Registration Office, Schofield 128.

Students attending a school not listed on either of the above web sites may file a Prior Approval Form (found half way down the page).

Catalogues on the web :

UW-Eau Claire subscribes to Collegesource, a complete collection of college catalogues on the Web. All students have access to this wonderful resource. The address is