- Students who have completed 4 or more semester credits of English composition from an accredited college or university (with a substantial research component) and have received a grade of C or higher have met the UW-EC English competency requirement. The course will have the equivalency of English 110.
- Students who transfer in the equivalent of English 110 with a grade of C- or lower must retake English 110.
- Students who have completed between 2.66 and 3.99 semester credits of composition with a grade of C or better can take English 112, College Writing for Transfer Students and Advanced Placement Students. The transfer course will be given the equivalency of ELEC 907L (general elective),
- Students who have tested out of English at a UW College (and have it noted on their transcript) will be considered to have met the UW-EC composition requirement.
- Students should check the Transfer Information System (TIS) to see the current equivalency for their English courses.