POLICY: Any student who has not been suspended can request a one or two semester academic leave from UW-Eau Claire. If approved, the student is guaranteed enrollment for the following semester without submitting a readmission application. Registration information will be mailed to students on Academic Leave so that they can participate in Priority Registration.
- The student may not attend another university while on leave, unless they are studying abroad or on Collaborative Nursing Program or Non Candidate for degree leave.
- If the student is suspended for academic reasons, the leave is automatically canceled.
- The student must request the leave prior to the first day of the semester for which they are requesting leave.
- Students on financial aid should meet with a financial aid officer to determine the implications of their time out of school.
- The student should be referred to the Dean of Students Office, Schofield 240, to fill out a simple form.
- Advisers receive a copy of the form once it is completed.